Saturday, June 15, 2013

My Role as the Stereotypical Husband Is Set...

While checking my email a couple of weeks ago, I noticed there was an "order confirmation" from FTD.com.  Annoyed that someone would be so brazen as to steal my identity and account information AND then to not even bother changing the email address, I immediately opened it up to see where this imposter lived.

Turns out he lives in my house in Maryland.

And he was ordering a surprise bouquet of flowers to send to my work for our eight year anniversary.

My anniversary ---  CRAP!  The next day was my 8 year anniversary, and not only had I forgotten, I had completely forgotten while my super sweet husband had not only remembered, but he had planned ahead.  I would find out later that he had even called the quarterdeck of SWOS to make sure that the flowers could be delivered there.  He had called my roommate to double check.

In short, I had completely assumed the role of the terrible, stereotypical husband.  No last minute trips to the jewelry store here...  At least, my husband hasn't assumed the role of stereotypical housewife and demanded a diamond tennis bracelet as an apology.

He just laughed.

So next time you hear of Niles and me arguing over something pseudo-important, please remind me he has an out for remembering our anniversary while it was just another day to me.

1 comment: