Thursday, March 17, 2016

How Torture Starts... Or St. Patrick's Day in the Armstrong Household

"Leprechauns make messes.  They hide treasure at the ends of rainbows," Owen explained to me from the backseat of the car on our way to Target.

"We should catch a leprechaun!" Anduin declared.  "And make it tell us where its treasure is!"

Owen added, "We can make a trap and use shiny things."

Anduin got even more excited.  "We could dig a pit...  Then put the shiny things on top of it...  And then it will fall into it!"

I asked, trying to keep a straight face, "So you are going to capture and interrogate this leprechaun?"

Anduin was quick to disagree, "No...  We are just going to make it talk."

So I had to question, "So what are you going to do if it doesn't talk?"

"Mommy, we will go lock it in the shed out back," Anduin insisted.

This time, I couldn't resist laughing.

Anduin continued, "But, Mommy, that means you cannot go take it out of the shed.  You have to keep it locked!"

Obviously, she had sensed my weak, moral heart in this.

So an hour or so later after we have returned from Target, I was only slightly worried when I watched Anduin running around the backyard with the net we had purchased at Target to catch her leprechaun...  And Owen running around with their large, green plastic shovel.  I'd better keep checking for pits in the backyard.

And the shed.

No comments:

Post a Comment