Wednesday, May 27, 2015

"Mommy, do you have a ship yet?"

I'm in process of executing what feels like the slowest orders ever.  I am currently TAD in San Diego for over 3 months while I attend various random Navy schools before I will eventually report to a precommissioning ship.  For my kids, this is a completely mystifying experience.  First off, they are actually awake when I leave for work in the morning.  Secondly, they are amused by the fact that Mommy goes to school, not work.  But every morning, our conversation usually follows something like this:

Me:  All right, babies, I'm off to work.  Be good for Daddy.
Owen/Anduin: Do you have a ship yet?
Me: No, I still don't have a ship.
Owen/Anduin: When are you going to have a ship?
Me: Not for a very long time.
Owen/Anduin: Where do you work then?
Me: In a building.
Owen/Anduin: A building???  That's silly.

That's right, sailors, the idea of us working in a building is silly.

No comments:

Post a Comment