Monday, September 28, 2015

Uniform and Unicorn

"Ma'am, I am going to change the CAP station.  Unicorn sounds a lot like uniform."

***
Earlier that day, I had met Niles and the kids on my lunch break, so I was still in my khaki uniform.  Anduin pointed at my khaki uniform and asked me, "Mommy, why are you wearing your unicorn?"

"My what?"

"Your unicorn."

"My what?"

"Your unicorn!"

"Oh...  You mean uniform."

***
So the other student in my class was right.  Unicorn does sound a lot like uniform.  So once we had put the single letter callsigns for our aircraft up on the CAP (Combat Air Patrol) station, we had to change one of the CAP stations.  No longer could we have Magic and Unicorn.

So instead after our very serious one and a half hour session describing various tactical advantages, one of the civilian instructors waited until after the CO left to demand, "All right, who's idea was Magic and Mike?"

No comments:

Post a Comment