Saturday, November 3, 2012

Because Everything's Better with Ears

Being TDY in Korea has actually given me the luxury to ponder the finite universe of baby clothes.  Having spent every available moment shopping here (in order to make up for the lack of shopping time once I return home), I've noticed a distinct clothing trend...

Everything's better with ears.

Think of all those cute hooded sweatshirts that have teddy bear ears that Carter's makes back in the US.  I know all of you parents have one out there because let's face it, we know that...

Everything's better with ears.

Here, nearly every single shirt has a hood... and if it has a hood, it has ears on it.  Those ears could be bear ears, cat ears, bunny ears.  It doesn't matter if it's a boy or girl, it will have ears on it.  And it's not just limited to baby or kids clothing either.  I found myself channeling my inner 12 year old Asian girl as I carefully studied a hooded sweatshirt with a picture of a bunny wearing glasses... and you guessed it, bunny ears on the hood.  I couldn't resist and ended up buying a blue knit hat with ears...  Why?

Everything's better with ears.

So next time you want something annoyingly, ridiculously cute for your child, you know what you have to do.  Buy something with ears.

Speaking of which, I think there's a hat or two calling Owen and Anduin's names...  Gotta run.


No comments:

Post a Comment