Monday, November 26, 2012

The Great Cookie Heist of November 2012

There is a reason why when I leave to go to work, I kiss the kids and tell them, "Don't cause too much chaos and destruction."  They're incredibly smart... and devious... and have a terrible sweet tooth.  The last part is really my doing.  So a couple of weeks ago, the Great Cookie Heist of 2012 happened...  I can only imagine this is what went through their minds:

Owen: Mom gone out of country, Dad distracted by IPAD.  Check.

Anduin: I'll continue to lull Dad into a further sense of false security by playing nearby and making obnoxiously loud, happy baby sounds while playing noisily with my toys.

Owen: Hmm...  The only chair that can reach the upper cabinets where Dad's stashed the boxes of Girl Scout Cookies is the bar stool...

Owen moves one of the kitchen bar stools to the upper pantry.  He climbs on top and carefully opens the upper cabinet.  He then proceeds to search amongst the boxes of dry goods...

Owen: Hmm....  Tagalongs are in the red box...  That's just a box of oatmeal Mom keeps trying to feed me...  A-ha!  Samoas!  Chocolate drizzled, caramel coated coconut goodness in the purple box!  That's the one.

Owen grabs the box, proceeds to climb down the bar stool, and wanders over to the living room carpet where Anduin's playing loudly and happily.  He then proceeds to open the box, open the plastic wrapping, and dump the entire contents of the box of Girl Scout cookies in front of Anduin.  Anduin squeals happily as she and her brother hurriedly stuff as many Samoas as they can into their mouths before Dad notices.

Dad only notices after half the box is gone.

And now I know why there were no Samoas waiting for me when I got back...

At least the kids are sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment